Apart from completing the storyline, there are many different things you can do in order to level:
- Always log out in a sanctuary (e.g. Mor Dhona, or in the Inn room at Limsa / Gridania / Uldah) to accumulate the rested EXP.
- Make sure your main class is ahead of your alts for the Armoury bonus.
- Ask your FC leaders to activate the Heat of Battle FC action. This can provide a 10-15% bonus to EXP in game!
- Guildhests offer a first-time completion EXP bonus for every job / class.
- Food!!! It only grants a small % EXP buff, but every little counts!
- Ensure that your Hunting Log is kept up to date (it updates every 10 levels). A great way to discover new areas and find FATEs at the same time!
- Beast tribe quests give a reasonable amount of EXP. Once you are flying (in Heavens Ward) these are really easy to complete.
- The Challenge Log can be a great source of EXP – a lot of the items to be completed almost ‘self-complete’ without you noticing as you progress.
- Levequests are useful up to Level 50 – however they are not great 50-60… we will see what Stormblood will bring! Be sure to run the highest-power ones you can efficiently finish. Remember: you can buddy-up with a friend and do them super quickly and efficiently!
- Roulettes – complete as many as possible every day!
- Dungeons: queue into the highest-level one available.
- FATEs: Always good for a bit of EXP to bridge the gaps between levels and progression – if you can party up with others in the same area, you can nuke them all together and quite rapidly.
Guides to levelling:
- Progression and Level Locked Content (L1-50)
- Heavensward Progression and Level Locked Content (L50-60)
Guides to content:
- Garland Data is great for organizing and keeping track of a lot of stuff at the same time. A complex, highly customizable interface allows you to put all your requirements into a list / page and keep track of it. Almost all game content has a listing: patch notes, achievements, limit break, weather…
Guides to Rotations:
- FFXIV Rotations
Theory crafting resource: A good resource for rotations for any class at any level. You can also share your own rotations!