90K disconnections: some helpful hints to get you where you need to be (i.e. online, playing with us!).
First off: Make sure you are using a wired connection to your console/PC rather than a wireless connection and then try the following steps :
Try changing some of your computer’s DNS settings by following these steps :
- Go to the Control Panel
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings
- Rightclick on the connection you are using and select Properties
- Under the Networking tab you will see a long list of available options
- Scroll down and doubleclick on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’
- Preferred DNS server > 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
- Alternate DNS server > 8 . 8 . 4 . 4
- Click OK
Now Reboot your PC.
- Start PlayStation 4
- Go to settings
- Go to network
- Select setup internet connection
- Select Use a LAN cable (or wi-fi if that?s what you are using)
- Select Custom (there’s several pages to go through here. For settings other than MTU and DNS servers, if there are specific settings your network connection has to use, feel free to set them up rather than using automatic settings)
- IP Address (set to automatic)
- DHCP host name (set to “Do Not Specify”)
- DNS Settings (set to Manual)
- Primary: 220.127.116.11
- Secondary: 18.104.22.168
- MTU Settings (set to Manual)
- At default this would be 1500. Try setting it to 1470. You can experiment with this setting a little bit, but we would not recommend you go below 1400.
- Proxy (set to “Do Not Use”)
Now test the connection
These troubleshooting steps have helped other players who reported the same issue but if you are a European Player on a North American data centre and those steps did not fix your connection problems please post on the technical support forums located here as the developers will be gathering information from players to try and locate the issue. We would also recommend checking the Lodestone website for more information when it is available.